You no longer have wait to get started on your puppy’s vital socialization & learning. Register for Come-Play-Stay’s on-going admission to One Smart Puppy Class. Our flexible puppy training classes are on-going – and cover specific topics that are on a four-week rotation. You and your puppy can register to start the puppy classes as soon as your pup has been in the home for 10 days, is between 8-18 weeks of age and is current on vaccinations for their age. Each 60-minute class will cover a specific topic(s), and intersperse positive puppy romp and roll time and training cues such as; sit, down, come, attention behaviors, leash manners, etc. The on-going start encourages a rotating group, providing optimum socialization to new people and dogs… in a safe and positive learning environment Specific week topics are below:
Due to Covid-19, class size is limited to 6 pups and only one person per pup. To maintain restricted class numbers, participants must register in advance for specific dates and only attend on the dates they have been registered for. We are encouraging people to try to register for consecutive weeks, if possible, so we can accommodate as many requests as possible.
Specific Topics and Dates
Classes are Tuesdays at 6:00 pm
- The Keys to a Successful Puppyhood: 6/16, 7/14, 8/11
- Housetraining: 6/23, 7/21, 8/18
- Handling & Basic Manners: 6/30, 7/28, 8/25
- Biting & Destruction: 7/7, 8/4, 9/1
ADVANCED REGISTRATION REQUIRED
Call 970-226-6526 ext 6 to register and reserve your dates for class!
We have put the 6-packs on hold to better accommodate all requests. We will open this option back up as soon as we can. Please do not fret, as your pup can start the next round of training as soon as 16 weeks of age.
The Rules to Play At Come-Play-Stay!
Every aspect of our puppy program is based on making the safest and most positive experience for your puppy. With that in mind please review our Rules to Play…
- Age: Puppies must be between 8 and 18 weeks of age and must be 14 weeks and younger when registering for classes.
- Vaccinations: Puppy Class Participants must have received an 8- or 9-week puppy vaccination for DHPP and Bordetella one week prior to the start of class participation, must stay up to date on vaccination for their age for the duration of the class, and have been in the home for at least 10 days.
- Overall Health: Every puppy must be in good health when they arrive at Come-Play-Stay! If you puppy has experienced any bouts of vomiting or diarrhea, they must be clear of all symptoms for three days before returning to classes. Any puppy that has had to be treated for anything contagious may not return to class until cleared by their veterinarian. We ask that people are very conscious of this request as we are doing all that we can to keep the puppies happy and healthy.
- Precautionary Restrictions: Please DO NOT take your puppy to dog parks while you are enrolled in our puppy services. With the high number of unknown dogs (with unknown vaccination histories) these high concentration dog areas can be potentially risky for a puppy’s health. Until your pup’s immunity is mature (all sets of vaccinations completed including rabies) the dog park should be avoided. Talk to you trainer for recommendations on safe socialization opportunities.
- Other Important Things: All classes at Come-Play-Stay! are POSITIVE and REWARD-BASED. This means we will not use, nor allow, physical corrections, harsh verbal corrections, or any type of corrective equipment – NO PRONG, SHOCK, OR CHOKE COLLARS allowed. If you have questions about training equipment please speak to an instructor.
- Being reward-based we will utilize clicker training and treats in all classes. Make sure to bring an ample supply of soft, smelly treats for your puppy and bring a variety so your pup does not get bored – No kibble or crunchy treats! It is also important to bring a hungry puppy to class, so they have room to eat treats.
- Due to Covid-19, class sizes are limited to only 6 puppies and one person can attend per pup. You must specify the dates that you will attend the class when you register for the class – no refunds for no shows. Give us a call to register for class and reserve the specific dates that you will attend in advance.